Terms and Conditions
By participating in the Loma Linda Public Art Call for Entry, you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. The entrant accepts that the terms and conditions may be altered, amended, varied or otherwise modified by the Loma Linda University Health Aesthetics Committee and Loma Linda City Planning Commission at any time up to and including the end of the event and that such alteration, amendment or variation may be made orally or in writing at all times. The terms and conditions are at the sole discretion of the Loma Linda University Health Aesthetics' Committee and Loma Linda City Planning Commission.
2. The call for entry is open to all artists over 18 years of age or older given the following. Physically reside or work within Loma Linda's city limits, an alumni of Loma Linda University, an active student of any collage/university, affiliated with an art association or club. Submissions will not be accepted by anyone directly involved with the decision-making process of the event, including the Loma Linda University Health Aesthetics Committee and Loma Linda City Planning Commission.
3. Each entry must emphasize one of defined themes: 1) Eat Well 2) Move 3) Service 4) Learn 5) Breathe 6) Rest 7) Shine 8) Refresh. All entry files must meet the guideline dimensions and format.
4. Participants may submit up to a total of ten images in any of the categories. If chosen, artists will be compensated with a one-time payment of $500.00 u.s. dollars per selected image.
5. All entries must be submitted electronically through the event's website at lomalindaartsigns.com and must follow all directions therein. All photographs submitted may be digitally manipulated prior to submission.
6. All submissions must be original and must abide by national, state, and local copyright laws. Any and all committees involved with the Loma Linda Public Art Project will not be held responsible for any liabilities that arises from the participant's submissions.
7. Third parties may not submit work on behalf of the artist.
8. All submissions are subject to a preliminary review by the Loma Linda University Health Aesthetics Committee before moving onto final review by the Loma Linda Planning Commission. At any time, submitted artwork is subject to be disqualified and removed for any reason at the discretion of Loma Linda University Health Aesthetics Committee and Loma Linda City Planning Commission. All decisions on this matter are final and binding.
9. Upon payment for chosen submissions, the entrants are agreeing to grant the Loma Linda University Health the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use, re-use, publish, and re-publish the photographs in displays related to the event; in Loma Linda University Health printed and electronic publications and in conjunction with any copyrighted matter, in any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, promotion, art, advertising and trade, news, informational and educational purposes and to copyright the same, under its original name or otherwise. The applicant thereby releases and discharges the Loma Linda University Health from any and all claims and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of the photos, including without limitation any and all claims for invasion of privacy.
10. All submissions will be retained. In the case that a submission that was not originally chosen is to be used for a future project, participants will be contacted with further information.
11. If selected, entrants will be contacted with further details and information. Entrants must be able to provide files as requested. All dimensions will be provided on the official website concerning the Loma Linda Public Art Project.
12. Submissions will not be digitally modified with the exception of resizing and/or cropping to fit the proper dimensions required for the arrival signs depending on sign type and location.
13. The number of images an applicants can submit may increase during the entry period. It is the applicants responsibilty to check the webiste page periodically to see if more entries are allowed when there is an interest in submitting more entries.
14. Announcement will be made through the Loma Linda University Health Newsletter and website. Selected photos are subject to be used in the future Loma Linda University Health promotional materials.
15. Submissions may not contain any of the following or they are subject to be disqualified: Human photography show recognizable faces, text messages in the art work, religious symbols, alcohol, drugs or any kind of illegal or inappropriate behavior. Entries that contain any inappropriate material will be immediately disqualified. Inappropriate material is not limited to the listed items and will be determined at the discretion of the Loma Linda University Health Aesthetics committee and the Loma Linda City Planning Committee.
16. Deadline for all submissions will be posted on the website main page, and are subject to change at the discretion of the Loma Linda University Health Aesthetics Committee and Loma Linda City Planning Commission with or without notice. This includes, but is not limited to, extending and/or terminating the event. In the event that an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or the committees are prevented from awarding or continuing with the event as contemplated herein by any event beyond their control, including, but not limited to natural or man-made disasters, the committee has the right to modify, suspend or terminate the event.
17. Participants agree that the Event Entities are not responsible for any technical malfunctions that may occur in connection with or during the participation in the event. In no event will the committees or other entities directly involved with the event be held responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind.
18. NONCOMPLIANCE WITH ANY OF THE LISTED TERMS AND CONDITIONS MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY AN ENTRANT THAT WILL BRING SUCH PARTICIPANT OR THE CONTEST ENTITIES INTO DISREPUTE (IN THE CONTEST ENTITIES' SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH ENTRANT'S DISQUALIFICATION AS A PARTICIPANT AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS A PARTICIPANT WILL IMMEDIATELY BE TERMINATED. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST ENTITIES' WEBSITE(S) OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST ENTITIES RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.